The R510 is a 2-socket, 2U high capacity server that is perfect for businesses of all sizes. The R510 uses quad-core or six-core Intel Xeon processors from the 5500/5600 series. There are 8 DIMM slots for a maximum of 128GB DDR3 memory. If you would like to increase the system management you have the option to include an iDRAC6.
Processor: Quad-core or six-core Intel Xeon processor 5500 and 5600 series
Memory: Supports up to 128GB of total memory, 8 DIMM slots, 4 per processor. (1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB DDR3 up to 1333MT/s, actual memory speed dependent on the processor capability)
Hard Drives: Hot-plug hard drive options: SAS SSD, SATA SSD, SAS (15K, 10K), nearline SAS (7.2K), SATA (7.2K); 3.5” SAS (15K, 10K), nearline SAS (7.2K), SATA (7.2K)
Drive Bays: Up to 12 X 3.5" Hot-Plug SATA or SAS Hot-Plug Bays, and 2 x 2.5" Internal SATA or SAS Cabled Bays.
- PERC H200 (6Gb/s)
- PERC H700 (6Gb/s) with 512MB or 1GB battery-backed cache
- PERC H800 (6Gb/s) with 512MB or 1GB of battery-backed cache
- PERC 6/E with 256MB or 512MB of battery-backed cache
- External HBAs (non-RAID):
- 6Gbps SAS HBA
- SAS 5/E HBA
- LSI2032 PCIe SCSI HBA
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2008
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP2, x86/x64 (x64 includes Hyper-V)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, x64 (includes Hyper-V v2)
- Microsoft Windows HPC Server 2008 R2
- Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Oracle Solaris
- VMware vSphere 4.1 (including VMware ESX 4.1 or VMware ESXi 4.1)
Power Supply: Energy Smart: Two hot-plug, high-efficient 750W power supplies or High Output: Two hot-plug 1100W power supplies
Optical Drive(s): No optical bay option for 12 Bay R510
Dimensions: 50 Lbs, 26.47'' x 17.53'' x 3.42'' (L x W x H)
Networking: Two embedded Broadcom NetXtreme II 5709 Gigabit Ethernet NIC. (Optional add-in NICs and HBAs available.)
Slots: 1 PCIe Gen2 x8, 2 PCIe Gen2 x4, 1 Storage
Remote Management: Optional iDRAC6 Enterprise.
Video: Matrox G200 with 8MB of cache.
Peripherals: Power Cable Included. Rail Kit, Bezel, Mouse, Keyboard, and Video Cable Not Included.