HP Z820 Workstation
The Z820 has outstanding performance and a design that is top notch. Supporting up to 24 processing cores, and next generation graphics you’ll be able to complete projects of all sizes. Each processer has four channels for memory and eight slots of DDR3. This workstation comes with USB ports on the front and back and has multiple PCie slots. Thunderbolt 2.0 PCIe card allows you to transfer data to external devices. Tool free access lets you customize and upgrade as you wish, with 4 internal drive bays and 3 external 5.25-inch bays and the option to add two additional drives; you also get the option to use 850W or 1125W PSU to power the system giving you the most selection with your product.
Starting in the $600 s
- Intel Xeon E5-2600 and E5-2600v2 Processor Family
- Up to 24 Cores, thats 48 Cores Hyper-Threading!
- Up to 512GB of memory
Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2600 (Gen I Motherboard) and E5-2600 V2 (Gen II Motherboard) series processors up to 24 Total Cores with up to 2x 8.0GT/s and up to Hyperthreading available on select processors
Memory: Supports up to 512GB of total memory, 16 DIMM slots, 8 slots per CPU (actual memory speed dependent on processor capability). Note: Price for CTO are based on 12800R Memory Modules.
Drive Bays: Up to four 3.5'' or 2.5'' (adapter needed for 2.5'') internal SATA, SAS or SSD hard drives. 3 external 5.25'' bays.
Raid Controller: SATA RAID level 0, 1, 5 and 10 and SAS RAID level 0, 1, 10 available on motherboard. Interface includes: 2 channels of SATA 3.0 Gb/s, 2 channels of SATA 6.0 Gb/s, and 8 channels of SAS 6.0 Gb/s.
Operating System: Compatible with the following:
- Windows 10 Professional 32-Bit or 64-Bit
- Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit or 64-Bit
- Windows 7 Professional 32-Bit or 64-Bit
- Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit or 64-Bit with XP mode
- Windows Vista Ultimate SP1, 32-Bit or 64-Bit
- Windows Vista Business SP1, 32-Bit or 64-Bit
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS v.5.3 EM64T (Also certified to run Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version 4.7 64-Bit
- 850W 88% Efficient wide-ranging, active Power Factor Correction.
- 1125W 90% Efficient wide-ranging, active Power Factor Correction.**
**Required for E5-2643, E5-2665, E5-2667, E5-2670, E5-2680, E5-2687, and E5-2690 Processors. Also required for Quadro 6000 and 2nd Quadro K2000, K4000, or K5000 graphic card
Dimensions: 55 Lbs, 20.7'' x 8'' x 17.5'' (L x W x H)
Networking: Dual Integrated Intel GbE LAN.
Slots: 2 PCIe Gen3 x16, 1 PCIe Gen3 x16 (with 2nd CPU), 1 PCIe Gen3 x16 mechanical/x8 electrical, 1 PCIe Gen3 x8 mechanical/x4 electrical, 1 PCIe Gen2 x8 mechanical/x4.
Front Ports: 2 USB 3.0, 1 USB 2.0, 1 Headphone, 1 Microphone, and 1 IEEE 1394a.
Rear Ports: 1 IEEE 1394a, 2 USB 3.0, 4 USB 2.0, 1 Serial, PS/2 keyboard and mouse, 2 RJ-45 to integrated Gigabit LAN, 1 Audio Line-In, 1 Audio Line-Out, 1 Microphone.
Internal Ports: 6 USB 2.0 ports available by three separate 2x5 headers. Each 2x5 header supports either one HP Internal USB Port Kit (EM165AA) or one Media Card Reader.