HP Z640 Workstation
The Z640 has more customization options than earlier models, the tool free upgrades, added handles for easy maneuvering and the unnoticeable sound that got it the name “Whisper quiet” are just some of the features to look forward to. The processor system has 55MB cache that can support up to 44 cores with 2 processors total, 22 cores each! The non-uniform memory modules allow the user to combine different memory capacities to their choosing. Register and Load-Reduced are also available for use but cannot be combined with other memory capacities. The storage space is 16TB but by adding AHCI controllers you get enhanced storage.
- Intel Xeon E5-2600v3 and E5-2600v4 Processor Family
- Up to 36 Cores, thats 72 Cores Hyper-Threading!
- Up to 256GB of ECC DDR4 memory
- Thunderbolt 2 Technology
Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2600 V3 and E5-2600 V3 series processors up to 36 Total Cores with up to 2x 8.0GT/s and up to Hyperthreading available on select processors
Memory: Supports up to 256GB of total memory, 8 DIMM slots for DDR4 ECC Registered Memory - 4 DIMM slots on the motherboard and 4 on the Optional 2nd CPU and Memory Riser Module (included with dual processor configurations). . Note: Price for CTO are based on 2133 MHZ ECC Registered Memory Modules.
Drive Bays: Up to two 3.5'' or 2.5'' (adapter needed for 2.5'') internal SATA, SAS or SSD hard drives. 2 external 5.25'' bays available for additional two 3.5" or four 2.5" drives (adapter required for 5.25" bays).
Raid Controller: Factory integrated RAID available for SATA/SAS drives (RAID 0, 0 Data, 1, 5, and 10)
Operating System: Compatible with the following:
- Windows 10 Professional 32-Bit or 64-Bit
- Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit or 64-Bit
- Windows 7 Professional 32-Bit or 64-Bit
- Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit or 64-Bit with XP mode
- Windows Vista Ultimate SP1, 32-Bit or 64-Bit
- Windows Vista Business SP1, 32-Bit or 64-Bit
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS v.5.3 EM64T (Also certified to run Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version 4.7 64-Bit
Power Supply: Tool-free 925W 90% Efficient wide-ranging, active Power Factor Correction, with two graphics power cables.
Dimensions: 43 Lbs, 18.3'' x 6.75'' x 17.45'' (L x W x H)
Networking: Integrated Intel I218LM PCIe GbE Controller
- Slot 1: PCI Express Gen2 x1 with open-ended connector Full-height, Half-length (Not available when 2nd processor/memory module is installed)
- Slot 2: PCI Express Gen3 x16 Full-height, Full-length (with extender)
- Slot 3: PCI Express Gen2 x4 with open-ended connector Full-height, Full-length (with extender)
- Slot 4: PCI Express Gen3 x8 with open-ended connector Full-height, Full-length (with extender)
- Slot 5: PCI Express Gen3 x16 Full-height, Full-length (with extender)
- Slot 6: PCI 32bit/33MHz Full-height, Full-length (with extender) Open-ended connector allows a greater bandwidth (e.g., x16) card to be installed physically into a lower bandwidth connector/slot.
Front Ports: 4 USB 3.0, 1 Headset, 1 Microphone
Rear Ports: 4 USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0, 2 PS/2, 1 RJ-45 (NIC), 1 Audio Line-In, 1 Audio Line-Out. Serial supported with optional connector on PCI bracket cabled to system board connector.
Internal Ports: 2 USB 2.0 ports available with a single 2x5 header. The 2x5 header can be converted to a standard (Type-A) USB connector through the use one HP Internal USB Port Kit (EM165AA). This port kit uses one half of the 2x5 header. The 2x5 header also supports up to one 15-in-1 Media Card Reader. 1 USB 3.0 port available by a 2x10 header.